Coeur d’Alsace tour
Departing from the bus drop-off point at Parc de l’Étoile in Strasbourg, this tour will take you to discover some extraordinary heritage, with the added bonus of a visit to Mont Sainte-Odile and lunch in the sublime city of Obernai.
- Audioguides in 11 languages
- Free Wi-Fi
- USB sockets
- Air conditioned
- Private tour available
Book the Coeur d’Alsace tour
Learn more about this tour
The first stop after leaving Strasbourg is the city of Molsheim, famous as the home of Bugatti, amongst other things: you will discover the fortified old town of this ancient episcopal city, before going on to Rosheim, a village famous for its Romanesque church and old houses.
After a visit to the village of Boersch and its famous three gates, we head to Mont Sainte Odile, discovering an exceptional panoramic view of the entire Alsace Plain.
Your lunch break will be in Alsace’s second most visited city after Strasbourg (and many Alsatian people’s favourite): the cheerful city of Obernai.
You will have time to explore this dynamic city and make the most of its shops before setting off for the famous Château de Haut-Koenigsbourg in the early afternoon (château admission tickets included in the tour price).
Bernardswiller, Barr, Mittelbergheim, Andlau, Itterswiller, Nothalten, Blienschwiller, Dambach-la-Ville, Scherwiller, Châtenois, Kintzheim…
We will go through many small towns and villages, all a delight to behold, before visiting this ancient castle fort built in the 12th century and thoroughly remodelled in the 15th century. It was a German imperial symbol during the reign of Wilhelm II.
We will head back to Strasbourg at the end of the afternoon, after a thrilling day spent discovering the very heart of Alsace.
STOPS ON THE TOUR
- Stop for around 1 hour at Mont Sainte-Odile: freely explore the site.
- Stop for around 2 hours in Obernai: freely explore and/or have lunch.
- Stop for around 2 hours at the Château du Haut-Koenigsbourg: admission ticket included in the price.
Audio guide languages
Towns and places visited
Molsheim, Rosheim, Boersch, Ottrott, Mont Sainte-Odile, Obernai, Barr, Mittelbergheim, Andlau, Itterswiller, Dambach la Ville, Scherwiller, Châtenois, Kintzheim, Château du Haut-Koenigsbourg.
- Casual clothing and flat, comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Expect high temperatures in summer.
- The excursion is not available to wheelchair users because wheelchairs cannot be brought into the vehicle.
- The order of the sites visited may vary.
- The coach has a convertible roof so the tour can be open top for the seats at the back of the vehicle.
- The circuit includes the coach journey.
- The price does not include lunch.
- The roof is entirely made of glass so you can enjoy a panoramic view even when the roof is closed.
- The coach seats are not numbered.
- Customers' explorations on foot are at their discretion and are not commented or guided tours.
Map of the tour
Pick-up at the bus drop-off point at Parc de l’étoile in Strasbourg
Getting here on foot or by bike:
- Less than 10 min walk from the city centre.
- A 5 min bike ride thanks to the many cycle paths.
Getting here by public transport:3 tram lines will drop you off nearby:
- Line A: Etoile-Bourse Stop
- Line D: Etoile-Bourse or Etoile-Polygone Stop
- Line E: Etoile-Polygone Stop
Are you coming from Germany? Take line D from Kehl.There are also 2 bus routes that will drop you off directly at the pick-up point:
- line 14, Etoile-Bourse Stop
- line 24, Etoile-Bourse Stop
For timetables and a map of the network, see www.cts-strasbourg.frGetting here by car:The Rivetoile shopping centre car park is located next to the pick-up point. More information at the following address: https://www.rivetoile.com/information/There are also park and rides (including the Tram or Bus ticket) available: https://www.cts-strasbourg.eu/fr/se-deplacer/Parkings-relais/Would you like to be picked up directly at your hotel?When you book a private tour with us, our bus can pick you up at the location of your choice, except in Strasbourg city centre. Feel free to contact us for more information.