Alsace Villages and Christmas Markets Tour
Strasbourg may be the Christmas Capital but almost all the towns and villages in Alsace host their own Christmas Market and some are certainly worth the trip… So soak up the winter wonderland!
- Audioguides in 11 languages
- Free Wi-Fi
- USB sockets
- Air conditioned
- Private tour available
Book the Alsace Villages and Christmas Markets Tour
Learn more about this tour
Set off on an incredible trip from Strasbourg to the Haut-Rhin: explore the Riquewihr Christmas Market.
This traditional Alsatian village literally dazzles in the festive period: the buildings and monuments are illuminated and decorations amaze children and adults.
You’ll be able to have lunch on-site in keeping with Alsatian Christmas traditions with bredalas, manalas, pretzels and mulled wine or head to one of the gourmet restaurants that the region is famous for!
With stars in your eyes and a full tummy, we’ll head back onto the Wine Route to pass through little Alsatian villages all beautifully decorated for the occasion.
Our bus will then stop in Kaysersberg, to discover this medieval village in its Christmas colors. The authentic and artisanal Christmas market in Kaysersberg traditionally welcomes you all four Advent weekends on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The other days of the week you will find there a concentrate of Alsace: a historic city center filled with charm with beautiful old half-timbered houses, magnificent corner oriel windows, cobbled streets, the river that crosses the city and, overlooking the village, the medieval castle.
Then it’s time to hit the road again to Colmar where different Christmas Markets light up the famous town and create different atmospheres to suit the neighbourhoods. Enjoy three hours of free time to explore at your leisure and sample seasonal treats… and a traditional cup of mulled wine too!
We’ll head back to Strasbourg around 7.30pm: you’ll take wonderful Alsatian Christmas memories back with you.
STOPS ON THE TOUR
- Approx. 1 hrs in Riquewihr: free time to visit.
- Approx. 2 hr in Kaysersberg: free time to visit and/or have lunch.
- Approx. 3 hrs in Colmar: free time in the town.
Audio guide languages
Towns and places visited
Bergheim, Riquewihr, Kaysersberg, Colmar
- Casual clothing and flat, comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Expect high temperatures in summer.
- The excursion is not available to wheelchair users because wheelchairs cannot be brought into the vehicle.
- The order of the sites visited may vary.
- The coach has a convertible roof so the tour can be open top for the seats at the back of the vehicle.
- The circuit includes the coach journey.
- The price does not include lunch.
- The roof is entirely made of glass so you can enjoy a panoramic view even when the roof is closed.
- The coach seats are not numbered.
- Customers' explorations on foot are at their discretion and are not commented or guided tours.
Map of the tour
Pick-up at the bus drop-off point at Parc de l’étoile in Strasbourg
Getting here on foot or by bike:
- Less than 10 min walk from the city centre.
- A 5 min bike ride thanks to the many cycle paths.
Getting here by public transport:
3 tram lines will drop you off nearby:
- Line A: Etoile-Bourse Stop
- Line D: Etoile-Bourse or Etoile-Polygone Stop
- Line E: Etoile-Polygone Stop
Are you coming from Germany? Take line D from Kehl.
There are also 2 bus routes that will drop you off directly at the pick-up point:
- line 14, Etoile-Bourse Stop
- line 24, Etoile-Bourse Stop
For timetables and a map of the network, see www.cts-strasbourg.fr
Getting here by car:
The Rivetoile shopping centre car park is located next to the pick-up point. More information at the following address: https://www.rivetoile.com/information/
There are also park and rides (including the Tram or Bus ticket) available: https://www.cts-strasbourg.eu/fr/se-deplacer/Parkings-relais/
Would you like to be picked up directly at your hotel?
When you book a private tour with us, our bus can pick you up at the location of your choice, except in Strasbourg city centre. Feel free to contact us for more information.